If you apply to this recruitment by October 1st, 2016, you will have until October 31st, 2016 to complete your application.
The Department of Geography at the University of California, Los Angeles invites applications for a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level in any area of Human Geography. We seek a scholar with an outstanding research record and a promising agenda for future work that will contribute theoretical and empirical innovation at the leading edge of their field. A Ph.D. in Geography or a related field is required by the time of appointment. Applicants in related fields should demonstrate that their research is sufficiently geographical to fit within a multi-faceted Geography department. Appointment will begin July 1, 2017. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications.
The UCLA Department of Geography is among the top ranked geography departments in the nation and offers faculty numerous opportunities for cross-disciplinary scholarship. We welcome candidates whose experience in research, teaching and community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Please submit your online application to the Search Committee for Assistant Professor of Human Geography at:https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/apply/JPF02059. Include a cover letter describing your qualifications for this position; curriculum vitae; research statement; teaching statement; up to three publications; and the names and contact information of three referees. Reviews of completed applications will commence October 1, 2016.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
- Cover Letter – Statement of your qualifications for this position
- Curriculum Vitae and Proof of Ph.D. – Please submit your most recently updated C.V. and copy of Ph.D. certificate
- Statement of Research Interests
- Statement of Teaching Interests
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity – Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching, and/or service. (Optional)
- Publications – Please submit up to three publications
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information