EES Student Yi Tang and Professor Gillian Stewart published a paper in Deep Sea Research Part I: Oceanographic Research Papers entitled The influence of particle concentration and composition on the fractionation of 210Po and 210Pb along the North Atlantic GEOTRACES transect GA03.
Congratulations Yi! Article highlights include:
- Provide links between particle features and 210Po and 210Pb activities in N. Atl.
- Particle characteristics, relationships with isotopes varied geographically.
- Particle characteristics, relationships with isotopes varied with particle size.
- Particle composition, especially litho and opal, could predict sorption of 210Pb.
- Sorption of 210Po is more complicated, but consistently related to POC content.