Date(s) - 03/19/2018 - 03/22/2018
Hyatt Regency Hotel Houston
2018 GIS/CAMA Technologies Conference
Annual Conference for Professionals in Property Assessment, Tax Administration, Mapping and Information Technology
“Houston, we have a solution!”
22nd Annual GIS/CAMA Technologies Conference
March 19-22, 2018
The Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA) and the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) partner together to provide a conference that assists assessment and appraisal professionals in visualizing how they can work more effectively through the use of technology. This conference explores the important role that integration of Geographic Information System (GIS) and Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal (CAMA) systems plays in providing access to data and analysis of information for better decision making within a jurisdiction.
- Conference Program – start reviewing the comprehensive conference program with details about workshops, breakout sessions, events, and speaker bios!
- Registration & Venue – note the deadline (January 15) for early registration discounts!
- Exhibit & Sponsor Details – coming soon
- I learned different techniques implemented by both government entities and the private sector to make my work more efficient and creative.
- Awesome conference! This was the first conference I ever attended where I felt like I took something away from every session!
- This is the only conference that I can attend in the spring that combines both GIS and CAMA information. Many times I cannot make it to the IAAO or the URISA Fall conference because the timing conflicts with my tax roll process. I always get something useful out of this conference.
- I would say it is a brilliant opportunity to learn from innovative speakers who offer relevant ideas, as well as, innovative techniques and approaches to GIS and CAMA.
- This is the conference you go to ‘to get things done’.
- As an appraiser, this conference is a wonderful way to see the power of GIS and how it is being utilized. For those in GIS, exposure to how your users are leveraging your systems, and what they need, is a wonderful way to enhance your operation. This conference is the ideal place to be inspired by the work of others in our industry.
- Best and most valuable conference I attend every year. Technology is rapidly changing the way mass appraisal is administered and if you’re not at this conference, you’re not on the cutting edge of our industry.
- This conference has a high return on investment. Having an office representative attend the GIS/CAMA conference each each year is essential if you want to stay up-to-date with the latest GIS and modeling implementations. What you learn from presentations, and perhaps most importantly, conversations with peers from around the globe, are more than worth the price of admission.
- With two major airports, flights are both plentiful and affordable, with an abundance of direct flights and easy access.
- Houston is the country’s fourth-largest city and third-largest county.
- The Harris County Appraisal District has more than 1.7 million parcels of property to assess each year with a total market value of approximately $556 billion. The appraisal district in Harris County is the largest in Texas, serving approximately 500 taxing units, and one of the largest appraisal districts in the United States.
- Houston has a great mix of world-class arts, booming business, professional sports —including the World Series Champion Houston Astros—and award-winning cuisine.
- Sunday, March 18: We are tentatively planning an optional service project on Sunday afternoon. Stay tuned for details.
- Monday, March 19: Preconference Workshops, Exhibit Hall Installation, Evening Networking Reception with Exhibitors
- Tuesday, March 20: Opening Keynote Address, Breakout Sessions, Hosted Lunch, Exhibit Hall Hours
- Wednesday, March 21: Breakout Sessions, Exhibit Hall Hours, Vendor Lunch Sessions, Exhibit Hall Dismantling, Evening Conference Social Event
- Thursday, March 22: Breakout Sessions, Closing Keynote Address
While you’re planning a trip to Houston, you may want to consider a side trip to Space Center Houston.
Call for Presentation Proposals – Note that the deadline has passed but late submissions may be considered to address any needs.
Are you an IAAO and/or URISA member? If so, you will qualify for the discounted Member Conference Rate. Visit each organization’s website for membership details. Be sure to also note the early bird registration deadline date (January 15) to take advantage of additional opportunities to save! Full conference registration includes: access to the educational program on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday; Conference Proceedings (distributed post-conference); receptions; conference social event; Tuesday hosted luncheon; and opportunity to attend vendor educational lunch sessions. Attendance at a preconference workshop (presented on Monday) is an additional cost. Class size is limited. Both full-day and half-day workshops will be detailed soon.
- IAAO or URISA Member $500 (by January 15) $575 (begins January 16)
- Nonmember $650 (by January 15) $725 (begins January 16)
- Student $100 (individuals currently enrolled in 12 or more credit hour courses. Proof of full-time student status is required.)
One day registration is also be available:
- One-day Registration–Member: Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday $225
- One-day Registration–Nonmember: Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday $325
Note that all registrations received after March 12, will incur an additional $50 fee (to cover additional resources and fees necessary to make last-minute logistical changes).
- Online Registration
- Downloadable Registration Form
- Fillable Registration Form Please use Firefox as your browser for the forms.
Cancellation & Refund Policy: All cancellations must be received in writing at URISA Headquarters on or before February 5, in order to receive a refund, less a $100 processing fee (a $25 fee for cancelled workshop registrations). No refunds after February 5, 2018.
CONSENT FOR USE OF PHOTOGRAPHIC & VIDEO IMAGES: Registration and attendance at, or participation in this conference constitutes an agreement by the registrant to permit URISA and IAAO to use and distribute (both now and in the future) the registrant or attendee’s image and/or voice in photographs, videos, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes of such events and activities.
Important hotel scam alert: if you happen to receive an email from Conventioneers.us about GISCAMA hotel rooms…. it is a scam. Do not respond! Rooms for the conference are available only through the Conference Reservations Link below.
The conference will take place at the Hyatt Regency Houston (1200 Louisiana St, Houston, TX 77002, USA). The GIS/CAMA conference negotiated an amazingly affordable $169 single/double room rate for conference attendees, including wifi access. The group rate available until February 23, 2018. Subject to availability thereafter.
The Hyatt Regency Houston is a striking AAA four diamond hotel in the heart of the country’s fourth largest city. Situated in the heart of downtown’s thriving business and entertainment districts, Hyatt Regency Houston is connected to
high-end shops, restaurants and services via the city’s famous seven-mile tunnel.
- Spectacular sights at Spindletop: Houston’s first revolving dining room on our 34th floor with delicious southwestern seafood
- Connected to underground tunnel system: A seven-mile METRO Light Rail service to NRG Stadium, Texas Medical Center, Houston Zoo and more
- Near local cultural sites: A short walk from Hobby Center for the Performing Arts and a couple miles from theaters, museums and art collections
- Complimentary hotel shuttle service: Courtesy rides to downtown Houston office buildings in the morning and afternoon
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport– 21.3 miles/26 mins (Note that taxi fare from this airport is about $60. Uber is plentiful and inexpensive. We will also post shuttle details.)
- Hobby Airport– 10.6 miles/20 mins
The style-savvy residents of the country’s fourth-largest city and third-largest county (Harris) know that there’s no place quite like Houston. With more than 2.2 million residents, the city attracts visitors and transplants with a wonderful mix of world-class arts, booming business, pro sports and award-winning cuisine. Venture Downtown during your stay and discover a thriving professional arts scene, with professional resident companies in ballet, opera, symphony and theater; only four other U.S. cities can say the same. And the nearby Museum District stakes its claim as the country’s fourth largest, with 18 cultural powerhouses set within blocks of one another. Houston has its own version of Central Park, too, offering nearly 1,500 acres of green space in the heart of the city. Just inside “the loop,” Memorial Park is home to a public golf course, swimming pool, tennis courts, trails and more. Downtown, Discovery Green park is outfitted with WiFi, a farmers market, dog runs, fine dining and ice-skating during the winter—just one more of the 650-plus urban green spaces filling the city.
Not surprisingly, businesses also recognize the allure of Houston’s offerings. Twenty-five companies on the Fortune 500 list call the Energy Capital of the World home. Aeronautic research is unsurpassed at NASA headquarters—the facility responsible for putting the first man on the moon—and Texas Medical Center remains the largest in the world with 47 highly lauded research and treatment institutions.