Seeking adjunct faculty to teach various Geology courses which include; physical, geology, natural disasters, and earth’s natural resources. Adjunct faculty members teach contracted classes in accordance with established policies and guidelines. To reach a broad range of students, CWI encourages exploring alternative teaching styles and methods. Courses will be taught in traditional classroom settings, in computer-mediated classrooms, and over the internet. This position includes classes taught in the evenings/weekends and when necessary, at the College’s off campus centers.
Along with your application, please submit a cover letter (not to exceed two pages) describing how you meet the qualifications for the position and submit a detailed resume/vita.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Teaches contracted credit load of courses in accordance with the descriptions published in the CWI catalog
- Utilizes outcomes assessment measures
- Participates in instructional evaluation processes
- Meets all scheduled classes promptly with any deviation being filed promptly and accurately through the appropriate channels
- Monitors student placement in courses and student progress; maintains accurate records
- Demonstrates sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college students
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in related field of study, with a minimum of 12 graduate credits in discipline
- Experience teaching secondary level students in field of study. Three years’ experience teaching field of study at post-secondary level preferred. Successful experience teaching at a community college or with adult learners also preferred.
- Ability to adapt to variety of teaching methodologies including lectures, group activities, individual instruction, distance learning, and teaching with technology
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to professional growth and development
- Ability to advise students
- Proficiency in usage of internet, email, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software applications
- Experience using instructional technology preferred
$955 per credit
College of Western Idaho