An Assistant Professor from CUNY—College of Staten Island, is looking to fill a part-time position for
Research Assistance through the position of “College Assistant”. Her ethnographic research is broadly in
the areas of disability rights, neoliberal governance and social justice struggles in the context of South
Asia. She is a faculty with visual impairment, and is looking for an advanced Grad student (preferably
Ph.D. student) to assist with research and to facilitate informational access.
You will be assisting with research pertaining to Disability Studies, International Development, Social
Work, and the like. The position is at a competitive hourly rate with health insurance and other CUNY
benefits after three months.
Candidates who are interested in international development, social justice and disability/diversity studies
can greatly benefit. This position is ideal for those who are interested in conducting research, or are
interested in pursuing a career in academics or a profession in the Social Sciences.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
1) Assist with accessing interdisciplinary research resources, conducting literature reviews, and
2) Assist with grantwriting—searching grant databases and grant proposal editing.
3) Facilitate informational access as needed for teaching and research materials through operating
blackboard and other occupational tasks. Assist with curriculum, student records, and other administrative
duties as needed.
4) Assist with document conversion/scanning, visual formatting, editing, and with operating classroom
technology when needed.
1) Background in the social sciences or humanities (current grad/PhD students strongly preferred).
2) Interest in disability studies, globalization, international development, and diversity issues strongly
3) Strong writing, research, and communication skills.
4) Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and ability to use other online
platforms to streamline work.
5) Strong organizational and time management skills.
Please contact Dr. Vandana Chaudhry with your Resume/C.V. via email at
Vandana.firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional details, call (312) 451-3884 or (718) 982-2191.
The position opens soon.