South Mountain Community College is hiring a Geology Faculty for a Short Term, One-Year-Only assignment.
This position’s duties include teaching a minimum of 3 geoscience lecture+lab courses (Physical Geology, Historical Geology, Planetary Science, Life in the Universe, Geologic Disasters). These courses may be hybrid and/or online. The Geology OYO will hold weekly office hours and participate in campus committees. If qualified, they may be asked to teach environmental or sustainability courses. The Geology OYO will be responsible for making sure all lecture and lab materials are prepared for their courses.
As a strengths-based institution , we are dedicated to helping you determine and understand your own personal strengths, and will help you maximize them in the pursuit of your educational and career goals.
1. A master’s degree in the teaching field, OR a master’s in any teaching field with eighteen (18) graduate semester hours in one or more of the following academic areas:
- Geological Sciences
- Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- Earth and Space Science
- Earth and Planetary Science
2. EDU250-Teaching and Learning in the Community Colleges-or equivalent must be completed within two years of date of hire.
1. The candidate has a Master’s degree (or higher) in the field of Geology, Geological Sciences, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Earth and Space Science, Earth and Planetary Science
2. The Candidate has 9 graduate hours in Sustainability/Social Science, and or Humanities field: Environmental Science, Philosophy, Geography, Anthropology, Education, Economics, Southwest Studies, American Indian Studies, Exercise Science/Health, Humanities, Women Studies, Business, Management, and or Entrepreneurship.
3. The candidate has experience working in all 3 multiple modalities (face-to-face, hybrid, and online)
4. The candidate has experience teaching at post-secondary institutions.
5. The candidate has experience integrating innovative technology into the curriculum.
6. The candidate has experience or interest working with students outside the classroom on field trips and projects.
7. The candidate has experience or interest incorporating advances in science education pedagogy using current methodologies and instructional technology.
How to Apply
Only applications with unofficial transcripts, resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV), and cover letter addressing how the applicant meets the stated qualifications will be considered. If your master’s degree is not in the teaching field, then please list the 18 graduate semester hours completed in the teaching field in your application materials.
MCCCD accepts unofficial transcripts for U.S. schools at the time of application. Unofficial transcripts are submitted as an attachment to the application. Transcripts from non U.S. institutions must be translated/evaluated and provided with application material.
Posting Close Date
Apply on or before March 31, 2019 to be considered.
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.