Requisition Number: 190572
- This is a 12-month, state-funded position salaried at 60%, renewable each year subject to performance. Salary above 60% is available during a one to two year ramp-up period.
- The start date is flexible but must be between Jan 1, 2020 and Sept 1, 2020
- Within the role of Assistant Research Professor, the candidate will conduct collaborative research and seek out extramural funding, or otherwise bring in external user support through contracts and collaborations. The area of research is open, although most current stable isotope research at Boise State University focuses on biological and hydrological sciences. The applicant will provide oversight, maintenance, and operation of (a) a 2010 ThermoFisher Delta V Plus continuous flow isotope ratio mass spectrometer coupled with ConFlo IV/EA, TC/EA, and GasBench II; (b) a 2011 Los Gatos Research Liquid Water Isotope Analyzer; and (c) a ThermoFisher Flash EA NC Soil Analyzer. Collector configuration for the Delta V Plus allows analysis of H through S; current research emphasizes C- and N-analysis of organic substrates, C- and O-analysis of carbonates and phosphates, and H- and O-analysis of water. Operational responsibilities include setting up the instruments and monitoring their performance for students, faculty, and other users collecting their own data, and data collection and reduction for some customers. Additional responsibilities include training students in support of research and class projects, consulting on experimental design and sample preparation, and billing customers for service.
- Earned Doctorate in Geosciences, Biosciences, or other associated field
- Experience working with stable isotope mass spectrometers
Salary and benefits: Salary is negotiable depending on level of experience. An excellent benefits package is available for eligible employees, for more information visit: http://hrs.boisestate.edu/careers/benefits/ .
Required Application Materials: Please submit a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for this position. Attach a CV that includes employment history (including dates of employment) and the names and contact information of three references.
Closing Date: September 1, 2019 at 11:59pm MST.
About the Boise: https://go.boisestate.edu/join-our-team/