HDR Engineering is looking for an applicant interested in and willing to learn how to perform human health and ecological risk assessments under federal Superfund program and state-sponsored programs. The applicant will also have the opportunity to become involved with other types of projects related to site characterization, field sampling and remedial action.
Typical tasks include:
– Quantitatively evaluating datasets and human/ecological risks using MS Access and Excel
– Performing statistical and spatial data analysis
– Assisting with the preparation of reports and other written communications
– Supporting regulatory negotiations and the evaluation of technical documents (e.g., scientific articles, regulations)
– Performing environmental field sample management and collection
– Assisting with Phase I environmental site assessments
Job Location – Mahwah, NJ
Position Type – Full-Time/Regular
Experience – Entry-level to 3-yrs, flexible
Education – B.S./M.S./M.P.H. in Environmental, Chemical, Engineering or related fields
Required Skills – Strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent oral and written communication skills and familiarity with MS Access and Excel. Experience with ArcGIS and visual basics is a plus.