The NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) offers paid internship opportunities to high school, undergraduate and graduate students who reside within a 50-mile radius of the institute, which is located which is located in the Upper West Side-Morningside Heights neighborhood of New York City.
To apply for our current and/or future NASA internship opportunities, please visit One Stop Shopping Initiative (OSSI) webpage: https://intern.nasa.gov/ossi/web/students/login/
The application period closes on March 1st, 2017 and are considered throughout the application period.
Also, please see the information below for application instructions and requirements.
1. Click here
2. Visit “Student Login/Registration” to sign in and create a profile.
3. Go to “My Applications” tab and complete ALL sections on your application. The system will state that the opportunity is “closed” until all sections have been completed.
· Letters of Recommendations and Transcripts must be uploaded for your application to be considered complete.
· Complete the Terms of Acceptance agreement.
4. Ensure that your general application is completed in its entirety (including uploading transcripts and letters of recommendation) prior to applying to the opportunity.
5. After completing your general application, you will be able to view internship opportunities at all NASA locations.
· To view the opportunities, click the “Search Opportunities” tab.
· Select your preferred center by clicking on the “Center/Site Name” dropdown.
6. To view NYC-specific opportunities at GISS, select “Goddard Institute for Space Studies (2880 Broadway, NY)”.
· You may simultaneously select multiple locations of interest by holding down the CTRL key (COMMAND key for Macs)
· In the “Session” dropdown menu, select “Summer 2017” and click the Search button.
· You will then see various research opportunities at our NASA offices.
· Select up to 15 different internship opportunities that match your interests.
6. Click on “View/Apply” to submit your general application to GISS and complete the opportunity-specific essay.
§ U.S Citizen
§ College applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program with a preferred minimum 3.0 GPA
***Please be advised that submitting a request for a letter of recommendation is not sufficient to complete your application. The letter of recommendation and the transcripts must be submitted prior to applying for the opportunity.
Please Visit Us Online:
· Explore the GSFC Education website
For NASA internship inquiries at GISS, please contact Priscilla De Leon at firstname.lastname@example.org or Matthew Pearce at email@example.com